Friday, August 7, 2009

Dearest Dad

I'm off this weekend to the biggest show of my sewing career to date, Art In The Park, produced by the Chaffee Art Center in Rutland, Vermont. The forecast is...not horrible. I always enjoy getting to spend all day outside at a vending event, interacting with the public, getting direct feedback about my goods, getting to know other artists. On Monday, I'm headed to Maine for a much anticipated extended family vacation for 10 days. Ahhh...


No pics to illustrate this craft fair (yet) but here's my adorable father in my kitchen on a recent visit from my parents. I put him on strawberry-rhubarb crisp duty. When he asked for an apron the natural choice was this rock&roll/vintage-y number custom made for me by my Etsy mentor, Joan Strohl of momomadeit.


Competent, cheery men in the kitchen - a beautiful scene we should all see every day. If only I could get Richard to wear a girly apron...
That's a bucket of raw honey on the floor behind Richard, from Honey Gardens Apiaries. We LOVE all of their products.





No comments: