Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Art Hoppin' to the Fashion Extravaganza


This just in -

Mountain Ash Design will have a stall at the Fashion & Accessories Extravaganza on Pine Street in Burlington, VT as part of the annual South End Art Hop on September 19th.




This is a great opportunity for me. While on my recent vacation I had some inspired visions of fashion tops I can make by repurposing button-down shirts and choice vintage pieces. It's been somewhat of a psychological (and psychosocial, as my spell check suggested?) obstacle for me to get over these past years - moving into actual fashion design. But it's actually what I've always wanted to do. Three years ago when I decided to start this business with just the HotHolders on deck I was very curious to see how the creative aspect would unfold for me and what I would end up making over time. I've gotten a very enthusiastic and encouraging response from the skirts I've been making this summer (seen here on Colee. I had the pleasure of seeing her in this skirt often during our joint vacation).


I'm excited to gauge feedback from a fashion-centric audience at this event, and to network with the other Vermont designers there. Vending hours at the Art Hop Fashion and Accessories Extravaganza in the SEABA tent will b from 9:30 - 3:30 on Sept 19th, followed by fashions shows in the same tent at 5:30 and 7:00. Hope to see you there!

No comments: