Monday, March 30, 2009

Floribunda 2009

I had a stall last weekend at Floribunda, a flower and garden show produced by the Women's Club of Norwich. It was my first time attending at all and I was very impressed by some of the displays, especially by the growers and florists. Here are some, plus others of special note.
Above, Killdeer Farm had a sweet raised bed-looking box with corn plants, beans, tomatoes and it looks like squash and other veggies, too. They had some sweet vintage victory garden posters on their back wall.
Cedar Circle Farm. One of their employees painted this mural of the Connecticut River Valley, the river seen from VT, and hills rising in NH beyond; pretty much the setting of the actual farm. I came home with two bags of their tenderest baby greens on Sunday, including a few pea sprouts. I must ask Betsy down the road at Spring Chicken Farm what organic pea seeds to get for sprouting my own.
My friend Chris Esten, aka The Green Reaper. We carpooled from Topsham on Saturday and Sunday morning. Have a look at her lovely new prints of Blue Hydrangea petals when you get a chance. Sublime.
Orchids by Genera, always amazing. Louise and Vince were great neighbors to have across the isle.
I love this arbor by Petals of White River Junction.
Grape Hyacinths and other sweet growing things.
The "Wacky Worm Sisters" of Down to Earth Worm Farm showing a worm/compost cocktail (I think) for your plants.
Another pretty booth by Cider Hill. The whole place smelled really great, too. There were lots of daffodils, and lavender and rosemary plants around, too.

Very fine glass in understated elegance by Simon Pierce, right next to my booth.
Filling out the evaluation form the Norwich ladies provide about the show. You know; what was the most challenging part of the show, what do you think of these ideas we have for next year, etc., etc. I always write in the blank spots they provide because I believe in feedback. Want to give me some?

No comments: