Sunday, October 18, 2009

frosty NFM

Here's one of the beautiful displays of veggies at the Norwich Farmers Market yesterday. This was right next to my stall at Your Farm of Fairlee. Get a load of those enormous Brussels Sprouts.



But the frost in this picture was the real inspiration for this little picture essay. When I arrived to set up at 7:30 the heavy crunchy frost was all over the market grounds, and didn't leave the shadows until after 9:30. I was freezing my tail off.


Here's where I get my usual morning sustenance of croissant and coffee: The Baker's Studio of White River Junction. I ran in to my husband, Richard, there. He arrived early for his Animal Behavior class at the Montshire and came over to hang with me and take in the scene at the market.


Giant Banana Slugs - I mean Squash, lolling in the frost at the Red Rooster Farm stall.


"Look Ma, no racks!" Oh, the packing of my car is so much more efficient since I rigged up these thick dowels with curtain rod ends for hanging the aprons and skirts directly from my canopy. I can see out my back window. It's awesome. Of course this is my last outdoor show of the year. I have to figure out how to incorporate the curtain rods to my indoor display (with no overhead infrastructure).

More pretty displays of the excellent produce at Your Farm. I got a bag of salad greens and arugula from them at the end of the market. It was just the thing to add to Richard's grated raw carrot and beet salad for our neighborhood pot luck last night. Many savory hot dishes were served and the salad made a good balance.


No comments: