Tuesday, May 5, 2009

MAD behind glass at the Howe Libray in May


If you are in or around Hanover, NH in the month of May, stop by this top notch public library and view some of my creations in the display case near the teen room. I was up until 1am the night before I installed the display finishing these aprons in a wonderfully inspired post-yoga sewing session.

Top shelf: 9"mats, and HotHolders. Hanging below that (from clothesline with clothespins, of course...any excuse I can get, you know) are full aprons.


On the bottom layer is one of my new Laundry Day aprons...



...a clothespin bag from barn board fabric trimmed in vintage 1980s Alexander Henry and rick rack, plus the article on Mountain Ash Design in Upper Valley Life, and also a few HotHolders in the back. I always see somebody I know there when I'm arranging the case. It's nice.


When I was in high school I applied for a job designing window displays for a fashion clothing store. The really memorable part of the application process was getting to go through the store picking out clothes and putting together an actual display in their window. I didn't get the job, but I think it's because I was only 17 at the time. I thought my display was rad!

1 comment:

bigyarnmama said...

I saw the display and many other people checking it out!! Lookin' good!!