Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Upcoming Fairs and Markets



Please visit me at my sustainably handmade housewares stall at the following country fairs and markets this summer. The first one is in Norwich, Vermont, this Sunday!

Schedule:
The Norwich Farmer's Market Craft Fair Sundays

Norwich, Vermont
Sundays 10am-3pm
July 1, August 5, September 2, October 7
http://www.norwichfarmersmarket.org/stories/storyReader$10


Woodstock Market on the Green
Woodstock, Vermont
Wednesdays 3pm-6pm
August 8, 22, 29



Norwich Farmer's Market
Norwich, Vermont Saturdays 9am-1pm
August 25, September 15
http://www.norwichfarmersmarket.org/


Vermont North By Hand Open Studio Tours
Topsham, Vermont - at my place!
Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm
September 29-30, December 8-9

This message was brought to you courtesy of the half-aprons I have been having so much fun making. I was describing them to my friend, Squirrel, and I was making gestures to illustrate the waistband and tieing it up in back and holding out the imaginary skirt and giving a little curtsy and she said, "You mean like Lucille Ball used to wear?" "Exactly!" What better role model could I have for the sense of fun and humor I am trying to convey here? Not to mention good old-fashioned if-we-are-going-to-have-to-do-these-domestic-chores-we-might-as-well-dress-up-a-little-and-use-some-pretty-tools-and-make-it-as-pleasant-as-possible. Is that an old fashioned attitude or am I just romanticizing the past or what? I really don't know. I just have this sense that in the past women (certainly) accepted those domestic chores and did things to make them more aesthetic and enjoyable. Maybe I have this romantic view because I have done my share or resisting (and resenting, I admit it) the housework that I have to do. I really am a very modern gal in many ways. No one who knows me would mistake me for a women's-place-is-in-the-home advocate. But I do realize that most people do live in homes and have home lives that involve domestic chores. Why not make the chores more pleasant by using beautiful, cheerful tools? By the way, notice I switched to "people" when I started using the present tense. Men as well as women are welcome and encouraged to use lovely tools when doing housework. In fact, I'd love to see men wearing my aprons so send along some photos if you catch them at it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, where will those of us who can't get to your fairs and markets be able to purchase your aprons? They're terrific!

Sarah O. Green said...

If you see anything on my blog that you like you may inquire about price (aprons are $54), availability, etc. by emailing me at sarahogreen@gmail.com or leaving a comment here. I accept many forms of payment and am happy to ship anywhere by UPS or USPS. Alyson, I'm glad you like them!