Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Solstice and Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and my heartfelt wishes to everyone for a warm and cozy winter indoors, (when we aren't outside playing in the snow!).

I would like to give a Big Thank You to my supportive family and friends, fellow artists, and all my wonderful customers for making 2009 such a great year for Mountain Ash Design. I am feeling very encouraged and have big plans for sustainable expansion in 2010 (don't want to grow too fast now and loose my family and playing-in-the-snow time). My plans involve some new venues for getting out into the world many, many lovely/fun skirts, aprons to increase your domestic bliss, belts for men (new!) and women, HotHolders featuring Tommy, Oscar, Lars, Steve, and Chad, and maybe even some new designs for women's tops made from reconstructed clothing. Early 2010 will see me re-writing my business plan, timing my construction process, and re figuring my costs so I can offer more goods to stores and add shows in Waitsfield, Northampton and New York City (gulp).

I think I'll include an image of the inside of the mysterious and initially baffling serger in an upcoming post. Now that I think of it, I'd also like to thank the serger for making it possible to restock enough aprons between shows this holiday season and not have to pull grueling all-nighters. "Sustainably Handmade" means many things to me.
Happy New Year everyone!
(felt and sequin xmas stocking above made in the early 1970s by my "Grandma," Marion Curtis)

No comments: